Sharable notes for the September 17, 2017 message. You can post these notes on your social platform!
- The law of God was given to point us to the holiness of God and to point us to the state of our heart, that we need God.
- Open-mindedness and tolerance are good things, and to an extent we should indeed strive for them, but not at the expense of truth.
- "He is God" is better than "He is not God," but lacking in comparison to "He is my God."
- Grace always precedes law. You don’t earn God’s grace through law, you abide in his words because of his grace.
- Idols - Things, sometimes good things, that become ultimate things that become controlling things.
- Money controls us when we consume to have because we think that’s what defines us, or to keep because we think that’s what will save us.
- When you get a taste of the extent of God's love, those things we’re putting on a pedestal will grow pitiful and powerless compared to God.
- We are supposed to love nothing more than God; trust in nothing more than God; obey nothing more than God.
- What is from our flesh can never substitute for what is from the Spirit.
- God will always outgive whatever you say good-bye to.
- When you love, delight, and trust in God more than anything else, then following Him is not a burden, it's a pleasure and a desire.
Click the image to start a new 6 day devotion in YouVersion: