Sharable notes for the October 8, 2017 message. You can post these notes on your social platform!
- Christ’s death and resurrection were not only meant to save people from something, we are saved to something.
- When motivated we become proactive, when offended we become reactive.
- Combine the great commission with the great commandments - make disciples and love people.
- The beauty of the gospel is found in both proclamation and demonstration.
- Tim Keller, “Christians are called not just to live in the city, but also to love it and work for its shalom – its economic, social, and spiritual flourishing…The citizens of God’s city are the best possible citizens of their earthly cities.”
- We don’t work at jobs, we serve God through our vocations.
- When your gifts and natural skills collide with your deepest burdens, you have your calling.
- When we try to be relevant we become cultural followers instead of culture leaders. Be countercultural.
- Be grounded through God's word, rest, fasting, prayer and community and avoid distraction.
- Live the word of God with words and action, and in this see God’s word work in peoples lives to reconcile them back to Him.
Click the image to start a new 7 day devotion in YouVersion: