This month, our preschoolers are learning that Jesus is the best! Watch this video and then take a look below at each week and the specific story your child will hear. As you scroll, you'll also see a few downloadable resources that you can use to help continue the conversation at home with your kids.
“J-E-S-U-S! We love Jesus. He’s the best!” That’s what your child will be hearing this month. Jesus is the BEST. He is. Thousands of years ago, Jesus died for each and every one of us. That means He died for you, too. In the midst of all the fun that revolves around Easter, try to take some time to read the Easter story. I’m not talking about the board book version you read to your child (although that is a good one). I mean opening your Bible to Matthew 26 and reading through Matthew 28. Dive into the Word and read about how much Jesus loves you.
Jesus loves you, He died for you, He came back just like He said He would, AND He wants to be your friend forever. He wants to be your friend and your child’s friend. That’s what we’re celebrating this month. That’s why we’ll be chanting all month long: “J-E-S-U-S! We love Jesus. He’s the best!”
We want to offer you ways to help your children remember that Jesus is God's Son. Here's what we'll be talking about each week:
- April 2 - Jesus demonstrates how to serve one another by washing the disciples' feet. Luke 13:3-17
- April 9 - The people praise Jesus while spreading their coats and palm branches on the road as He enters Jerusalem for the Passover. Matthew 21:1-16
- April 16 - Jesus has the Last Supper with the disciples, later dies on a cross and is buried in a tomb. Three days later, Jesus comes back, just like He promised! Matthew 26:20-30; 27:40-50; 28:1-7
- April 23 - Jesus tells Peter that He will use him to build the Church and it will do great things. Matthew 16:17-18
- April 30 - Jesus tells His disciples to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them everything He has commanded them. Matthew 28:19-20
Parent Cue Sheet to give you ideas of things to do with your children at morning time, bath time, car time, play time and cuddle time:
You can also join our parents Facebook group to get more ideas during the week.
Our memory verse for the month and the hand motions that your children are doing each Sunday to help them remember: