Sharable notes for the May 1, 2016 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- How often do you think God for meeting your physical needs? Never take that for granted.
- We have a place of belonging in God - https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.100.3
- We all have needs within us. How we fill those needs is important.
- Augustine - “My sin was this, that I looked for pleasure, beauty, and truth not in God but in myself and his other creatures, and the search led me instead to pain, confusion, and error.”
- Some of the things we pursue are the blessings of God but they will not satisfy our needs outside of a relationship with God.
- Self alone, or the pursuit of satisfying self, cannot fill the void in our life.
- Jesus is the missing peace we are looking for.
- Any time we let a competing desire take priority in our life, we have made it an idol before God.