Sharable notes for the August 5, 2018 message. You can post these notes on your social platform!
- Time is valuable, and it’s even more valuable when it’s spent influencing the next generation.
- Raising up the next generation is not just something God gave to parents, but to the Christian community as a whole.
- The goal with the next generation is to prepare them for life. We have to begin to understand that we aren’t raising children, we’re raising adults.
- "Effective teaching involves explaining to our children what they are already observing in our lives by example." - C.J. Mahaney
- There are accounts of families in the Bible that were way messed up, and if God was writing a beautiful story in their dysfunction, he can tell a beautiful gospel story in ours.
- The next generation needs to see the gospel lived out in the home and they need a life raised in Christian community. We have to prioritize relationships in both of these areas.
- There is a trust we can place in God, that he cares more about our children growing up right than even we do, so we can work our hardest, and then go to sleep entrusting God with our family.
- The purpose with the next generation is to let them go, to focus them outward with a purpose, a purpose centered around the Great Commission.
- If we constantly cater to what the next generation sees all around in culture, removing them from slowing down, making everything easy, saving them from boredom, letting them avoid risks, and not making them work, we are stripping away what will grow them.
- It’s great to provide, but there’s a fine line of being a provider and being an enabler.
- “The ultimate mission of the family is not to protect your children from all harm but to mobilize them for the mission of God.” unknown
Click the image to start a new 5 day devotion in YouVersion: