Sharable notes for the October 23, 2016 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- Our call in a self-focused world is to demonstrate compassion and encouragement to those who don’t know Jesus yet.
- The blessing of our social media world is we become aware easily and act immediately. The problem is that we get moved only for the moment.
- We have more information but we are more desensitized.
- With no personal interaction it is easy to not be moved to action. We need to take the time to see people.
- Compassion is not compassion without action.
- We need to understand our calling as missionaries to our community.
- We need to be open to be interrupted by the Holy Spirit.
- Compassion has a cost but the reward is always greater than the cost.
- When we get outside of ourselves and serve others, we don't just bring change, we become changed.