Sharable notes for the June 28, 2015 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- Someone or something is shaping our identity whether we want to admit it or not. Who or what are you letting play that role?
- Whatever or whoever you are allowing to create your identity is where you are placing your worship.
- In the beginning, the question "who am I" didn’t exist because separation from God didn’t exist.
- Rather than trying to create our identity, we need to receive our identity in Christ.
- God formed us, sin deformed us and Christ through the power of His Holy Spirit transforms us.
- We were created in God's image to reflect His image on this earth.
- The enemy can’t keep us from being who God created us to be, but he can blind us to it.
- Our sins are no longer the center of our identity when we are in Christ!
- Jesus is asking will you take what you think defines you, leave it behind, and let Him define who you are instead.
- My identity is who I am in Christ and who I am in Christ effects my actions and how I live out my roles in life.
See the live event from "Who Am I?" in Youversion Live for all scriptures referenced & to add to the notes.