Just as God created our children in His own unique way, He too created us as parents. Our children pick up on more than we realize, so it’s important we don’t lose sight of our own unique gifts. The more we demonstrate love for others the more our children will feel confident to put their own gifts to work. God created us to love others, so find a way this month to let His light shine through you.
We want to help with this. That's why this month we are learning in Kid's church about uniqueness: discovering who God made you to be so you can make a difference. Below you'll discover what we're talking about each week, and you'll also see a few downloadable resources that you can use to help continue the conversation at home with your kids!
- July 2 - David and Saul's Armor: God made you to be you. 1 Samuel 17
- July 9 - Abraham: God made you for an adventure. Genesis 12
- July 16 - Philip and the Ethiopian Official: God made you to follow Jesus. Acts 8:26-40
- July 23 - Lydia: God made you to love others. Acts 16:11-15
- July 30 - Gifts of the Spirit: God made you to do good. 1 Corinthians 12:1, 4-11
Downloadable devotions that you could do with your kids: (Daily devotionals for each week)
Parent Cue Sheet to give you meal time discussion ideas with your kids, morning time conversations, and other information:
You can also join our parents Facebook group to get more ideas during the week.
Additional verses and discussion points you could use with your kids to help continue the conversation: