It can be hard getting back into the swing of homework and school projects after a long break. And with all of that, plus the endless “Why??” questions, learning something new is all you feel like your child is doing these days! But here’s the good news: you don’t have to give your child all the answers! In fact, it’s better if you take a break and have them discover the answers for themselves. Next time your child asks how a TV works or what the moon is really made of, encourage them to research the answer online or in a book at your local library and report back to you about what they discovered.
That's why this month we're talking about knowledge: learning something new so you can be better at whatever you do. Below you'll discover what we're talking about each week, and you'll also see a few downloadable resources that you can use to help continue the conversation at home with your kids. We hope you find this helpful!
- January 1 - Wise Men Discover Jesus: Discovering what God says helps you know Jesus. Matthew 2
- January 8 - Boy Jesus at the Temple: What God says is the most important thing to know. Luke 2:41-52
- January 15 - Jesus' Baptism & John Calls Jesus the Lamb of God: Discovering what God says helps you follow Jesus. John 1:19-42
- January 22 - Jesus Tempted in the Wilderness: Discovering what God says helps you make the wise choice. Luke 4:1-13
- January 29 - John the Baptist in Prison: When you don't know what God says, ask. Matthew 11
Downloadable devotions that you could do with your kids: (Daily devotionals for each week)
Parent Cue Sheet to give you meal time discussion ideas with your kids, morning time conversations, and other information:
You can also join our parents Facebook group to get more ideas during the week.
Additional verses and discussion points you could use with your kids to help continue the discussion: