Sharable notes for the August 23, 2015 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- Jesus didn't go to the cross to have a relationship with us when it's convenient for us.
- When we seek God out of a consumer relationship we're really desiring His blessings more than His presence.
- If we see our relationship with God as a contractual agreement then it's not a relationship, it's just a religious duty.
- A relationship with God is a covenant. It's a covenant of love, grace and mercy.
- Loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength means we also follow Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
- In a covenant relationship we're faithful, we choose to love even when it's not easy, we give our life, time and resources.
- Early followers of Jesus followed out of convenience & what they got - the miracles, the free bread/fish. We're often not too different.
- Our desire shouldn't be gimmicks just to attract the crowds, but the gospel that changes the crowds hearts and lives.
See the live event from "Relentless Faith" in Youversion Live for all scriptures referenced & to add to the notes.