This month in Morf'd with our K-5G kids, we jump into the virtue of Gratitude. We're teaching kids that gratitude is letting others know you see how they’ve helped you. This month's focus verse takes us to 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIrV), “Give thanks no matter what happens. God wants you to thank him because you believe in Christ Jesus.”
Below you'll find what we're talking about each week, and you'll also find a few downloadable resources that you can use to help continue the conversation at home with your kids. We hope you find this helpful!
- Week 1 (Nov 2) - Give Thanks All the Time: You always have something to be grateful for. 1 Thes 5:18
- Week 2 (Nov 9) - Jesus Heals 10 Lepers: Take time to say thank you. Luke 17:11-19
- Week 3 (Nov 16) - Parable of the Vineyard Workers: Take time to adjust your attitude. Matthew 20:1-15
- Week 4 (Nov 23) - Israelite Feast Days: Take time to celebrate what God has done. Exodus 23:14-19; 2 Kings 23
- Week 5 (Nov 30) - Paul Thanks People: Take time to remember how others have helped you. Romans 16:1-19
Parent Cue Sheet to give you meal time discussion ideas with your kids, and other information:
Additional verses and discussion points you could use with your kids to help continue the discussion:
For even more information on this month's virtue, and fun games you can play with your kids, you can download the app for your smart phone or tablet.
When you pick up your kids from kid's church on Sunday mornings, we'll also give you a card that gives you access to games and videos online that can help you drive home this month's virtue. Don't forget to get your card that's good for the whole month!