Being a catalyst for transformation goes beyond our four walls and beyond our community. God's power of transformation reaches across the world. We want to be a small part of that. Here are ways you can serve beyond our community:
- Missions to the Dominican Republic every other year (next one is summer of 2018). In the DR we serve an organization called Restoration Ranch. Restoration Ranch has built and is continuing to build not just orphanages, but homes for orphans in the DR. Our team goes to help with maintenance and/or construction, while also sending out a medical team to minister in the surrounding area. These trips are open to 7th graders through adults. This is a great family mission opportunity for families of teenagers and older.
Watch highlights from our 2016 trip
- Youth missions every other year to do service projects in other states or communities (Next one will be summer of 2019) Every other summer Unashamed Youth organizes a cost efficient and effective week of service. In 2015 they served Jaars in Charlotte, NC for a week. In 2017 they served six different organizations in the city of Orlando.
Here are few other opportunities that are not directly through the church, but we will be more than happy to help you with.
- Summer opportunities for college students - We have had several college students use their summer for ministry opportunities through Campus Outreach. If you are interested, we will help you get started by connecting you to those who have gone before and give you tips to raising funds. Simply contact the church office.
- Individual mission opportunities - If you are looking for an opportunity to do a short-term missions trip, and we don't have one scheduled, we will be glad to help you find one. Simply contact the church office. We have had individuals go on missions through the World Race and with the IPHC People to People Ministries.
- Family mission opportunities - If you would like to do a mission trip with your family and we do not have a trip scheduled, or your children are too young to go with us, here are some organizations that schedule family mission opportunities typically for families with children as young as 6 years of age: (see a video below from Youthworks expressing the benefit of a family missions trip)
If you do an individual or family mission trip seperate from us we'd love to hear about your experience. Please use this from to let us know: