Sharable notes for the January 21, 2018 message. You can post these notes on your social platform!
- The gospel is more than just self helps tips for being happy in life, or helping you to be a better person. The gospel is because of the sacrifice of Jesus we can be set free from sin and live a new life in Him.
- We can learn from David two very simple truths. We're more prone to sin when we are not where we're supposed to be, not doing what we're called to do.
- Sin is birthed the same way everything else is, one small step.
- Sin starts as an idea, a thought. We have to stop the thought from becoming an action.
- Sin wants to be in control. Don't let it!
- We will never overcome, learn from our mistakes, and change, if we're never honest with ourselves.
- Sin always causes us to look at only what we think we want, and never consider what we may be doing to others.
- Don't let sin's temptations continue to take you down negative turns. Let the love of God through Jesus Christ transform you and give you new direction.
Click the image to start a new 7 day devotion in YouVersion: