Sharable notes for the November 8, 2015 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- Ephesians 4:32, "Forgive as Christ Jesus forgave you." Do we understand the depth of that forgiveness?
- There is pain and sacrifice in forgiveness. There is love that has to be shown to those who wronged us in forgiveness.
- You can't have reconciliation without forgiveness AND repentance. One part of the equation doesn't equal the whole.
- If opposed to reconciliation ask yourself, "Am I letting anger control me and keep me from true Christ-like forgiveness?”
- Forgiveness involves prayer, honesty, clarity, humility, obedience and an understanding that we no longer hold sin against the other.
- Repentance involves responsibility, understanding, patience and change.
- Understanding how hard forgiveness and reconciliation is should make us appreciate even more what God has offered us through Jesus.