Sharable notes for the May 6, 2018 message. You can post these notes on your social platform!
- To live a life worthy of our calling in Christ is to live as a proper response to the Gospel.
- Rather than celebrating someone’s fall, gasping at their mistake with a "how could they" mentality, we should be like Christ and allow our hearts to break and have compassion on them.
- When I really want to be irritated with people I should think, “how does God see me?”
- If we have experienced the Gospel, we should love unity and hate conflict.
- God wants to fill us with Himself in order for us to be to the world what He has been to us. Salvation is more than being freed from sin, it’s also being called to new life and purpose in Him.
- As children of God, we adore the beauty of God and we want to become like him. His nature, his character, is deeply beautiful to us because by it He saved us.
- What would your life look like if your standard for loving others became to love them the way Christ has loved us?
- Our acts of love toward others are ultimately for Jesus, even if they seem like they are being wasted on the person you are pouring them out on.
- We don’t love because others deserve love.
We don’t love because it’s easy.
We don’t love because we want to be loved back.
We love because Christ first loved us.
- Love is what drove Christ to the cross and love is what draws others to Him. We must walk in love!
- Point the light of the gospel into all areas of your life. Don’t just go with the flow. Don’t simply follow your heart or instincts.
- Walking in wisdom means making tough decisions based on what fits well with an understanding of what God desires.
- The church is on a rescue mission. How are you redeeming your time or making the most of the opportunities you have to be Christ to others? Are you blending in or are you standing out?
Click the image to start a new 7 day devotion in YouVersion: