Sharable notes for the March 29, 2015 message. You can post these notes on your social platform! (Each point is less than 140 characters!)
- A faith rooted in feelings is a very shallow faith.
- Our relationship with God needs to be based on His word not our feelings. God wants us to grow in love with Him, not our feelings of Him.
- If God seems distant the first question we need to ask is “Did I move?”
- You’re not finished just because you sin; you’re finished if you choose to quit.
- If God seems distant, we may need to ask ourselves if we're too busy.
- “Busyness is the enemy of spirituality…It’s filling our time with our actions instead of paying attention to God’s actions.” Eugene Peterson
- “Our hustle and bustle lives are the drapes that hang over our hearts.” Mike Foster
- Don’t create more distance from the Father in the very moment you need Him the most.
- Jesus did His most God-honoring work when He felt absolutely deserted by God. https://www.bible.com/bible/niv/Mark.15.33-39
- When we are feeling God the least, we may actually be pleasing God the most.
See the live event from "When God Seems Far" in Youversion Live for all scriptures referenced & to add to the notes.