Each week this month, we will tell a story that introduces your child to one day of God's creation! Watch this video and then take a look below at each week and the specific story your child will hear. As you scroll, you'll also see a few downloadable resources that you can use to help continue the conversation at home with your kids.
God made everything. That’s the simple truth your preschooler is learning for the next two months. Those pretty flowers you passed the other day—God made them. That dog curled up at your feet—God made him. That sweet little girl you tuck into bed each night—God made her. God made everything.
When is the last time you really thought about that? When is the last time you sat outside, looked around and said, “Wow! God made all this! Thank You, God!” It’s awesome and overwhelming to think about all God made. And, it’s even more incredible to think that He made you. Yes, He made you, and He loves you. Spend some time in Genesis this month. Read about how God made it all and say thank you.
We want to offer you ways to help your children remember this wonderful truth. Here's what we'll be talking about each week:
- June 5 - God made light and dark on day one of creation. Genesis 1:1-5
- June 12 - God made the sky and water on day two of creation. Genesis 1:6-8
- June 19 - God made the land, plants, and sea on day three of creation. Gesesis 1:9-13
- June 26 - God made the sun, moon, and stars on day four of creation. Genesis 1:14-19
- July 3 - God made the fish and birds on day five of creation. Genesis 1:20-23
- July 10 - God made the land animals on day six of creation. Genesis 1:24-25
- July 17 - God also made people on day six of creation. Genesis 1:26-27
- July 24 - God rested on day seven of creation. Genesis 1:31-2:3
- July 31 - In the beginning, God made everything. Genesis 1:1-2:3
Parent Cue Sheet to give you ideas of things to do with your children at morning time, bath time, car time, play time and cuddle time:
You can also join our parents Facebook group to get more ideas during the week.
Our memory verse for the month and the hand motions that your children are doing each Sunday to help them remember: